[PD] w32 Deken package issues.

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 13 10:12:32 CEST 2016

On 2016-07-11 16:40, Colet Patrice wrote:> Ok I get it, that's quite cool but, so there will be copies of the same> lib into each external folder needing it?
yes. that's the microsoft way to ship dependencies.i think it's best to stick with the microsoft way when using w32 (andeven better to not having to use w32).fgsdmIOhannes

Lets keep Microsoft out of this, this is a Pd and Pd externals issue.
Deken is a primitive tool that just download and extracts, very useful, the problem comes because w32 Deken pkgs were wrongly/naively packed.
How does other Os handle Deken package dependencies?
There are more than 120 w32 deken pkgs, many of them not fully operational in a 2016 pd situation, I mean without pd-extended installed.
Following IOhannes idea that a deken pkg must be self operational it must contain the externals, the help patches and if needed its dependencies (pthread implementation and other .dlls)
How we update all w32 Deken pkgs?