[PD] 3D tabplay?

Derek Kwan derek.x.kwan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 12:37:01 CEST 2016

On Jul 14, José Rafael Subía Valdez wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am trying to implement an FFT Spectral Freeze patch based on "A Tutorial
> on Spectral Sound Processing Using Max/MSP and Jitter", Jean-Francois
> Charles. In the project, Charles uses the jitter objects to solve this.
>
> I am starting to play around with some ideas, but I was wondering if this
> is implemented somewhere.
> What is interesting in these patches is that the spectral freeze is dynamic
> so it sounds more organic.
>
> any thoughts?

(oops, forgot to cc the list, sorry for the double e-mail jose. it's a
little late...)

Hello,

Not sure what the 3D bit is about and it's been a long while since I've
used Max so I'm kinda fuzzy on what jitter objects there are... could
you expand on the 3D bit?

Anyways, you might want to look into paulstretching. It's basically like
phase vocoding but you throw out the phases. I'm pretty sure the mmb
library has something like that because I've modified it and abstracted
it for my own use here:
https://github.com/derekxkwan/pure-data-abstractions/blob/master/paulstretch%7E.pd

Derek

Derek Kwan