[PD] w32 Deken package issues.

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 15 15:33:24 CEST 2016

There was a bug in earlier versions of Pd (up to 0.43 I think), thatPd did not look in the same folder for a dependency.

Not sure what you mean.
If you make an external that needs another .dll, for example an mp3 player ext, and you use an 3th party lib like lib-somthing-mp3.dll.
Its a Windows fact that your compiled object “pdmp3.dll” will find “lib-somthing-mp3.dll” if it is in the same dir.
A proof for that is that if you check “pdmp3.dll” with http://www.dependencywalker.com/ it will say it`s ok if they are both in the same dir. And it will say that it can`t find it if its not there (same dir) or on system folders.
Other places that the system will search are for example pd/bin but that`s out of scope for  dependencywalker but you get the idea.