[PD] Deken and Dependencies

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 19 20:51:33 CEST 2016

>deken has a plugin-system to add additional sources for externals. the>only one that i know of is for "apt", which allows you to search/install>the Debian/Ubuntu/... packages.
Lets put aside this option for clarity as I don`t get it. This downloads all sources and compiles on target machine? Where does the 3th pty Lib goes?
Lets focus on this as is more useful for normal users:
>and of course, you can still install "normal deken packages" (pre-built>binaries from puredata.info).

I think that NOT SHIPING 3th pty Libs contradicts *your* very good idea that a Deken pkg must be “self operational”.Someone wants to distribute a patch and includes the external and the 3th pty Lib, the patch simply opens and works, thats all.
he/she has simply got those files from the Deken pkg.
Why NOT shiping 3th pty libs on Linux?