[PD] Deken and Dependencies

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 19 21:49:17 CEST 2016

>note: i'm *not totally* (though kind of strongly) opposed to shipping>3rd party libs on linux.>my point is mainly, that in the linux ecosystem this is not the>"standard" way (unlike on osx and w32).>virtually all linux distros make it very easy to install virtually any>library from trusted sources:># apt-get install libfoo
Please reconsider your opposition. This is about Deken pkgs not “standard” ways of anything.
If someone distributes a patch that uses [x~] deken will not find that yet(1), that's why he/she has included the object and if necessary the 3th pty Lib.
You just open the abs and pd finds and loads everything.
(1) Since I have tested all w32 pkgs, I can easily prepare a Mapping for that, if you specify some protocol.