[PD] Deken and Dependencies

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 20 16:23:41 CEST 2016

>and of course, whoever creates a deken package is encouraged to do>whatever possible within the current format to get their thing running>as smooth as possible (and if this includes bundling 3rd party libraries>for 5 OSs and 18 architectures, then so be it).>>what my opposition is directed at is adding cruft to the pd-core to>allow for deviant packaging practices.
What will be the problem for a linux system to look for the 3th party Lib in the same folder as the ext (which needs it) if it can't find anywhere else in the local system?
IYO this is adding cruft?
We are discussing Deken dependencies and abs sharing.
And also I`m following *your* good idea that a deken pkg must be “self operational”.
Lets have the “normal ubuntu” users a more practical way of Pd while “super users” like you can do all the “$ sudo apt-get install pd-deken-apt” thing.