[PD] Machine learning and sound ?

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 14:37:12 CEST 2016

On 21/07/2016 12:08, Pierre Massat wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I did a little bit of machine learning with neural network when I was in
> school, and I'd like to try it on sounds. What I'd like to do is to
> identify patterns, types of sounds, like "people talking", "loud,
> compressed rock music", etc.

If I understand correctly, maybe the keyword you're after is "automatic
music classification"? (to which you could add e.g. "machine learning"
"pure data" etc.).
In this case there is loads of stuff... A good starting point (other
than google) could be: http://www.ismir.net/society.html

Hope this helps.
Lorenzo.