[PD] unable to type certain characters

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Tue Jul 26 13:01:41 CEST 2016

Hi list,

which characters are 'forbidden' in Pd message boxes? E.g. I'm unable to type a backslash or curly braces. I get the following error message:

'keycode #N dropped' (where #N is the ASCII code).

I tried both on German and English keyboard layout. I'm on Win 7.

I noticed that in the help file for [text fromlist] you can see a backslash in the message box (apparantly used to escape the semicolons), so I guess it should be possible...

Also, could someone have a look at the attached patch and check if they get the same errors as me?

Christof