[PD] unable to type certain characters

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Tue Jul 26 15:17:21 CEST 2016

Le 26/07/2016 à 13:44, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
>> >'keycode #N dropped' (where #N is the ASCII code).
> yes this is expected behaviour, on all operating systems.
> among other things, this prevents w32 users from using backslash as
> directory delimiter¹.
>
> the list of forbidden characters is exactly this: \, {, }
>
> fgmasdr
> IOhannes
>
> ¹ though of course this is not the real reason why these keys are forbidden.

backslashes are used for keeping dollar sign in pd patches,

this also involves sometimes some bugs when we try to put tcl variables
in a patch, it does happen when we try to interpret tcl code with
[hc/sys_gui].

This is also one of the main reasons why I try to replace tcl scripts in
my patches with pdlua objects and still looking for a decent third party
graphical toolkit that could be coded without compiling.

br

--
Patrice Colet
fr: 0632660357