[PD] Windows/MinGW DLL dependencies. Was: cyclone/maxlib-maintenance-(w32)

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 1 20:08:42 CEST 2016

Hi Lucas,

> Hi Fred,
>
> First, Did you recompiled [coll] with changes from the previous pkg?

Yes, I did recompile the package because I wanted the copying of the
DLLs being part of the Makefile (while executing 'make install'). And
there were some minor changes, but not enough to build for all
platforms, IMHO. The coll sources are unchanged.

So far I found the problem is not caused by a newer version of the build
system; an older version also produces the dependency on libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.
Another possibility is that it is caused by an upgrade of MinGW/MSys. I
hope to have some time soon to check this out.

It would be nice if the build system could report these dependencies or
even take care of them. But this will not be realized in the short term.

Greetings,

Fred Jan