[PD] Experiencing a higher CPU load with 0.47-0 and 0.47-1.

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Wed Aug 3 02:17:25 CEST 2016

I just loaded a nice fat benchmark patch (based on smeck, the guitar
processor) in a few different versions of Pd.  I got no difference between
Pd-0.46-7 and pd-0.47-1 ... however, in each version the "64 bit" compile
ran in about 85% of the CPU load that the non-64-bit version did.  Perhaps
you're comparing 0.46 634 bit with 0.47 32 bit?

cheers
Miller