[PD] Trying to get GEM going on Pd Vanilla / Win10

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Aug 3 15:43:00 CEST 2016

On 08/03/2016 02:51 PM, Björn Eriksson wrote:
> I am attaching the errors from the Pd window (in Verbose mode), and I do
> not get any Gem splash window... Attaching the Gem-test-patch.

as long as you don't get any splash window, there is little use in
testing Gem functionaliry itself.

> I see in
> the log that the Gem.dll is succeeded to load "some times", but mostly
> it fails...

that because in verbose mode Pd tells you all the paths it searches for
a given dll.
anyhow, right after the "succeeded" lines, it also tells you:
> C:\Users\bjoeri\AppData\Roaming\Pd\Gem.dll: couldn't load
resp.
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Pd\extra\Gem\Gem.dll: couldn't load

i don't really know why, maybe some of the W32 experts can help out.
i suspect that it cannot find a dependency library, though i thought
that W32 would open a screaming modal window telling your about that.

gfmrdsa
IOhannes