[PD] puredata.info cleanup

Derek Kwan derek.x.kwan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 11:10:06 CEST 2016

> That all sounds great!
>
> 1 minor edit - in the front page description of pd-extended, OSC is mentioned as one of the differentiating features from Vanilla - but it's been a feature built into Vanilla for awhile now.
>
> Also, I think the processing page is a great ui model.
>
> -Jesse

Noted. Well, I took a bit more drastic changes this time to
http://puredata.info/ . Apologies for changing the text format from
reStructured text to HTML. reStructured text seemed kinda like markdown
but except the # sign for headers wasn't working and I'm familiar with
HTML so I just went with it (I also couldn't find any formatting guide
for reStructured text).

It's still pretty ugly but I think it's a bit more clear (I think it'd
be less ugly without text decorations for everything, I don't have
access to the CSS wherever that'd be and I didn't want to put
"text-decoration:none" for every hyperlink and it looks like I can't do
internal style sheets. There's also little icons next to every link that
IMHO is kinda distracting. I also might have went a little bold happy).
I tried to keep most of the blurbs from the old page and did a little
more cleaning up. I've also added links to pd-tutorial and pdpatchrepo
as well as the Facebook group and Pd subreddit. I was thinking of
putting a video (would that even work on a wiki page?) but I couldn't
decide on one. It seems that since it's a wiki page, what you can do
with it seems kinda limited but I can experiment more.

I've also archived the old reStructured text version on my computer. I
suppose I could attach it somewhere if somebody wants it. Basically, the
only links I didn't bring over from the old page are the downloads page
(well, you can access it pretty easily anyways), the Wikipedia links
for visual programming language and data flow programming (I think
there's enough links on that page but if people want I can put them back
in), and the links to distributions (also easily accessible anyways) and
Pd-extended (it's pretty much dead and buried anyways).

I've also noticed that the very top of the Downloads page mentions to
download Pd-extended for a quick start. I don't have write privileges on
that page so I can't change it but I definitely think it should be
gone... esp since there aren't any easily-accessible links to download
Pd-extended anymore.

Suggestions/feedback welcome!

Derek