[PD] using my abstractions with PdParty (best practice)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 21:17:40 CEST 2016

Also, note that subfolders inside libs are added the your search path automatically so:

    libs/my_cool_patches/cool_patch.pd

can be used in any PdParty patch via:

    [cool_patch]

There is a chance this could lead to conflicts between different abstractions with the same name, but then again, it’s something we have to deal with in Desktop pd as it is. If that is the case, you can always but things in another subfolder and add the folders name:

    libs/more_libs/another_abs_lib/cool_patch.pd

via:

    [another_abs_lib/cool_patch]

I’m finally porting some patches over to PdParty and, so far, the results are pretty great performance-wise. I can essentially run my entire setup from PdCon 2007 on an iPhone minus the graphics (although I could port that and run it locally too). Cool to see my thesis hopes for tech more or less coming true. In any case, I’ll have some new stuff for PdCon 2016!

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika <https://twitter.com/danomatika>
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>