[PD] External libraries not found via declare object or startup flags (pd 0.47.1, linux)

Wed Aug 10 22:39:18 CEST 2016

Dear Iohannes, list,
first of all I noticed that in my previous message I wrote /usr/lib/extra
while instead I was loading
/usr/lib/pd/extra of course.

Secondly, I enabled the verbose option as Iohannes suggested and I noticed
the following:

1- creating the objects "declare -stdpath cyclone" or  "declare -path
cyclone" does not work, one
need to create the objects "declare -sdtpath /usr/lib/pd/extra/cyclone" or
 "declare -path /usr/lib/pd/extra/cyclone".

2- HOWEVER, if I do the following:

- I created a patch "loadlib" with inside the object "declare -stdpath
/usr/lib/pd/extra/cyclone" (or  "declare -path /usr/lib/pd/extra/cyclone")
- I placed the patch "loadlib" in the main patch where the gate object is
present (the subpatch is in the same folder of the main patch).

Result: gate can't be created. It seems to me that the problem is that pd
loads only at the very last the
subpatch "loadlib", after having searched all other possibilities for
creating the object gate.

Why does this happen?
Is there a way to force pd to search first for the "loadlib" subpatch?

Here the Verbose so you can notice:

tried /home/odroid/Desktop/prove_pd/gate_loadlibrary.pd and succeeded
tried /home/odroid/Desktop/prove_pd/gate.so and failed
tried /home/odroid/Desktop/prove_pd/gate.pd_linux and failed
tried /home/odroid/Desktop/prove_pd/gate/gate.so and failed
tried /home/odroid/Desktop/prove_pd/gate/gate.pd_linux and failed
tried /home/odroid/Desktop/prove_pd/gate.pd and failed
tried /home/odroid/Desktop/prove_pd/gate.pat and failed
tried /home/odroid/Desktop/prove_pd/gate/gate.pd and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/gate.so and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/gate.pd_linux and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/gate/gate.so and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/gate/gate.pd_linux and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/gate.pd and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/gate.pat and failed
tried /usr/lib/pd/extra/gate/gate.pd and failed
tried /home/odroid/.local/lib/pd/extra/gate.so and failed
tried /home/odroid/.local/lib/pd/extra/gate.pd_linux and failed
tried /home/odroid/.local/lib/pd/extra/gate/gate.so and failed
tried /home/odroid/.local/lib/pd/extra/gate/gate.pd_linux and failed
tried /home/odroid/.local/lib/pd/extra/gate.pd and failed
tried /home/odroid/.local/lib/pd/extra/gate.pat and failed
tried /home/odroid/.local/lib/pd/extra/gate/gate.pd and failed
tried /home/odroid/pd-externals/gate.so and failed
tried /home/odroid/pd-externals/gate.pd_linux and failed
tried /home/odroid/pd-externals/gate/gate.so and failed
tried /home/odroid/pd-externals/gate/gate.pd_linux and failed
tried /home/odroid/pd-externals/gate.pd and failed
tried /home/odroid/pd-externals/gate.pat and failed
tried /home/odroid/pd-externals/gate/gate.pd and failed
tried /usr/local/lib/pd-externals/gate.so and failed
tried /usr/local/lib/pd-externals/gate.pd_linux and failed
tried /usr/local/lib/pd-externals/gate/gate.so and failed
tried /usr/local/lib/pd-externals/gate/gate.pd_linux and failed
tried /usr/local/lib/pd-externals/gate.pd and failed
tried /usr/local/lib/pd-externals/gate.pat and failed
tried /usr/local/lib/pd-externals/gate/gate.pd and failed
tried /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/gate.so and failed
tried /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/gate.pd_linux and failed
tried /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/gate/gate.so and failed
tried /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/gate/gate.pd_linux and failed
tried /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/gate.pd and failed
tried /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/gate.pat and failed
tried /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/gate/gate.pd and failed
 gate
... couldn't create
tried /home/odroid/Desktop/prove_pd/load_usrlibpdextracyclone.so and failed
tried /home/odroid/Desktop/prove_pd/load_usrlibpdextracyclone.pd_linux and
failed
tried
/home/odroid/Desktop/prove_pd/load_usrlibpdextracyclone/load_usrlibpdextracyclone.so
and failed
tried
/home/odroid/Desktop/prove_pd/load_usrlibpdextracyclone/load_usrlibpdextracyclone.pd_linux
and failed
tried /home/odroid/Desktop/prove_pd/load_usrlibpdextracyclone.pd and
succeeded
tried /home/odroid/Desktop/prove_pd/load_usrlibpdextracyclone.pd and
succeeded
opened 0 MIDI input device(s) and 0 MIDI output device(s).

Any suggestion?