[PD] External libraries not found via declare object or startup flags (pd 0.47.1, linux)

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 11 09:35:36 CEST 2016

> be automatically loaded, without the need for the user to setup the Path
> in the Preferences,
> since deken automatically places the externals there.
>
>+1 !

I don't understand,

This what you are asking is not already there on Linux. On Windows it does.

Start pd:
pd -stdpath -noprefs

Open browser.
External folders are not there?

If they are already listed there:
create: [cyclone/gate]

now do: [declare -stdpath cyclone]

now create [gate]

////////////

Please post back as there is some confusion around:

IOhannes wrote this:

>there seems to be indeed a bug here:
>
>- [declare -path] adds the new path *only* to the current directory.
>
>- [declare -stdpath] tries adding the new path *only* to the
>standard-paths (those searched without you passing '
>path' on the cmdline).
>

>since you must add "-path /usr/lib/pd/extra" to Pd's search-paths

why adding this -path?

>somewhere, there is currently no way to tell Pd to also
>use this path :-(
>

>like always, the fix should be simple: but first it needs to be decided
>what the desired behaviour should actually be...

Salutti,
Lucarda.