[PD] "\" character BUG in text obj help?

José Rafael Subía Valdez jsubiavaldez at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 10:22:39 CEST 2016

Hello list,

first of all, I know that character "\" produces a keydrop 92 because it is
a reserved character for internal communication in PD (or am I wrong?).

This being said, in the *[text]* object help file, if you go to: [pd
delete] you can see some "\" characters in the message that recovers
deleted info.

I have a couple of questions with this,

1st) How do you write "\" if pd does not let you do it? I have seen the
file as a text and observed that "\\\;" produce "\;"

2nd) this one is kind of an expected bug, but it shouldn't freeze PD, if I
try to copy "\" with "command + c" in mac from that message, pd freezes.

Is there a way to escape these limitations, the character "\" can be
important when sending information via OSC to other programs or scripts
running in LISP.

mac osx 10.6.8

thanks in advanced

--