[PD] PdCon16 NYC Calls are open

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 01:03:19 CEST 2016

> Dear Warren,
>
> The idea is that the pdf document itself is anonymous, as there clearly is
> some data that asks for biographic information.
> It is also clear that in some cases it will be inevitable or at least not
> ideal to make the application anonymous and in these cases we will ask
> reviewers to be impartial.

So, the paper proposal I'm about to send with collaborators is mostly
anonymous, but it refers to a github link where my secret idendity (and
theirs) is revealed. I think the repository is a relevant reference to the
work to be proposed, and that even if I hide it, some people closely
related to the community will still know about who's involved... anyway, if
you feel it should be hidden, I could do it, let me know.

Now, about the artistic proposals, are they supposed to be anonymous too? I
can see the anonymous issue being important for paper reviewing, if you
want the event to be more academic, but I don't think I've ever seen an
event where you need to hide who you are, and sometimes that's not
possible... so I'm just checking if this is really it.

thanks