[PD] Once again, -guiport -nogui

Giulio Moro giuliomoro at yahoo.it
Mon Aug 22 13:33:50 CEST 2016

Hi,I dug as much as I could into past posts on this topic, like these https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2007-08/052611.html
and this https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2008-05/061978.html
but I yet have to find the answer to:
How do Ia) start the GUI with no DSP ?b) start the DSP with no GUI ?c) have the two communicate together nicely?
So far I have only managed (on Mac OS X) to - start the regular Pd- start a process with -guiport 5400 which connects to the existing GUI- kill the DSP process that came with the GUI, the GUI still runs- at this point, patching in the GUI is very slow and blocks are very small and the text is outside the box- if I try to create [dac~] or [adc~] I get a "couldn't create"
There must be a better (and working) way of doing this.Once I get it to work on one computer, I believe it should just work when using two computers, right?
Thanks,Giulio