[PD] VST plugin host

Vincent Vanbesien (DIEHCO) electronique at diehco.com
Mon Aug 29 09:45:14 CEST 2016

Hello,

I would like to use pd to host a VST instrument. Then I expect that the
midi keyboard can trigger notes. After that I will also need to send DMX
command for lights from the same midi notes. I hope that puredata is the
correct tool.

I found the thomas's vst~ description :
http://puredata.info/Members/thomas/vst I try first to use the vst~
object from binary (windows) to avoid installing any SDK. To work around
an error message concerning loading loadbang, I installed the vanilla
0.43 instead of the newest 0.47. (I believe I need to compile vst /
flext / pd to use the latest).

I would like to check the aim of the patch vst~-help.pd
I can load my vst instrument with the patch, the display edit window
checkbox shows the vst instrument GUI.
My question concerns the noise~ in input, can I replace it by a midi
notein object ?
The element named "pd midi" in the patch seems to generate midi and not
to receive, is that right ?

With best regards,

Vincent Vanbesien

PS : This is the plain text version of my previous e-mail