[PD] comport + usb hub issue

Rick Snow ricksnow at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 04:55:34 CEST 2016

Howdy list,

I am using comport to send messages to three arduinos via osx for an
installation.  Almost invariably one of the connections drops after an
extended period of time.  It seems that only unplugging and replugging in
the usb hub's usb cable will refresh the connection (after sending the
connect message again from the patch).  I am running the project on an
older macbook pro with osx 10.8.5.  Is this a usb hub problem (radioshack
brand) or should I be looking at something else?

Advice/Experiences appreciated!

Cheers,
Rick