[PD] struct click extra info, (pointer) vs (gpointer)

Derek Kwan derek.x.kwan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 22:02:33 CEST 2016

Hello,

I've been experimenting with structs and I was wondering why for click
listener method, [struct] spits out extra info (particularly, it
seems to correspond to the float y portion of a [struct] if defined).
The select,deselect, and change listeners don't spit out this extra float.
Despite this, it doesn't seem to affect me using [get] with click (which
is to be expected).

When I route the results from the click listener using [route click] and
then [unpack p f], getting rid of the extra float, (pointer) gets
typecasted to (gpointer), but seems to be the same functionally (still
works with [get]) so I was wondering what the difference is and why it
gets typecasted (sorry, I haven't delved into the gui/tk areas of pd
quite yet so this question might be a bit noobish). Thanks!

Derek