[PD] Once again, -guiport -nogui

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sun Sep 4 17:21:04 CEST 2016

I think this was once possible to do but apparently it isn't possible
any longer.  On the other hand, if you'e trying to connect a pd process
on one computer with a GUI process on another one, that should be doable
using something like
pd -guicmd "ssh machine-name wish /home/msp/pd/tcl//pd-gui.tcl 5400"

To get this to work you'll need a connection to an ssh agent with permission
to login to the other machine (which should work as long as you can type
"ssh machine-name" on a shell and not have to type the password).  And the
machine you're connecting to mustn't firewall off port 5400, tcp protocol.

One remaining stupid problem: if you hit "open" or "save as" the dialog will
be run from the GUI machine so you'll see all the wrong files on offer unless
you've carefully mirrored the filesystem someho.

cheers
Miller