[PD] bendin bug (?)

William Huston williamahuston at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 21:20:07 CEST 2016

I agree with Alexandre about what seems sensible, but introducing a change
like this will break existing patches.

Is it possible (for all changes like this) to introduce a compatibility
mode to get the old behavior?

Yes, any seasoned Pd hacker will know how to fix the scaling. I'm just
imagining someone's patch breaks after upgrading and they just want a fast
way to get old behavior.

Thanks,

On Sunday, September 4, 2016, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Is this a [bendin] or a [bendout]  bug?
>> [bendin]'s current implementation is closer to the actual MIDI messages
being transmitted.

> but in actuality, the not raw standard is from -8192 to 8191 right?
> I just care they both are the same, but it seems to me that -8192 to 8191
is the sensible choice
> cheers

May you, and all beings
be happy and free from suffering :)