[PD] Stuck with a "persistency" problem

Liam Goodacre liamg_uw at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 5 13:55:04 CEST 2016

Hi Jose

I am not clear on what it is you are trying to achieve.

If you're looking for a toggle with a preset 1 or 0, then there is the "init" option from the properties which will save and load the value for you.

If it is some sort of dynamic patching problem where you need to send messages to the parent patch, then the easiest thing is to use [iemguts/sendcanvas], which lets you dictate a target level (ie. [iemguts/sendcanvas 1] will send messages to the parent patch.

Do either of these help, or are you still needing a special ID number for each instance of an abstraction?