[PD] Stuck with a "persistency" problem

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 17:11:20 CEST 2016

For most of these situations I store settings in a table that saves in the
patch. On load I just distribute them to my abstractions as init values.
The problem of course is that you have to hand-code the receives and you
want something automatic. The solution I posted on Facebook earlier
(attached) uses the instantiation order of abstractions to request a unique
ID from the main patch. But then you say this: "However, the order of
creation resets if in a subpatch or an abstraction with GOP." I don't know
what this means; are you saying that the instantiation order does not
persist once you have the patch done?