[PD] Sending audio through net

William Huston williamahuston at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 16:14:36 CEST 2016

Mario--

What is VCN?
Also good to label your arrows (audio? or messages?).

I think netsend~/netreceive~ is your best choice.
Try an end-to-end test without recompiling first.

I would say UDP makes more sense for audio
than TCP/IP.  (If you drop a big chunk over TCP,
and the application can't recover, then potentially
the entire TCP connection must be torn down
and restarted -- on both ends, which takes time.

UDP is designed for protocols (like live streaming)
where you expect packet loss.

Of course you don't want packet loss!
But UDP (theoretically) could *recover faster* than TCP.
And that's what you want for audio.