[PD] Sending audio through net

Mario Sottile mariomey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 15:44:32 CEST 2016

William, VNC is Virtual Network Computing, it is a remote control of
computers, to share desktops. You can fix a remote computer using VNC.
As I need to see what's happening in the other computer, I thought using
VNC. Also, I can control it, by sending keyboard and mouse data.

Arrows are audio (the bottom one is video). If I need to send messages,
I would use OpenSoundControl.

I also think using netsend~ but, as I said, it shows this error: "wrong
ELF class: ELFCLASS32". I read there that this is a 32x compiled program
running in 64x system. That's why I have to recompile here (I tried to
contact the developer, but he didn't respond yet). I can't make a
end-to-end test with these externals... if they don't work in my system.

Did you try netsend~/netreceive~?

Yes, I think I understand the difference between UDP and TCP/IP. For
this situation, I will use UDP. But, in future, I plan to expand my
system to be used also with Internet. Maybe in that moment, I will think
using TCP/IP, but it is not my problem for now.