[PD] Read midi file into Pd

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Thu Sep 8 05:14:39 CEST 2016

Another way would be about using [mrpeach/binfile] and parse the file
with internals following MIDI reference we can find in following link
for example:

http://www.ccarh.org/courses/253/assignment/midifile/

The first meta message should be obtained with [list split 23] where
second byte gives the meta message number, the third byte gives message
lenght and so on

Le 07/09/2016 à 23:58, João Pais a écrit :

> Yes, but with many limitations - all tracks are mixed, etc...
>
> Am 07.09.2016 8:00 nachm. schrieb "Berenger Recoules"
> <berenger.recoules at gmail.com <mailto:berenger.recoules at gmail.com>>:
> >
> > I think [cyclone/seq] can do that if I'm not mistaken.

> <mailto:jmmmpais at gmail.com>>:
> >>
> >> Hello list,
> >>
> >> just to know, besides [mrpeach/midifile], is there any other way of
> reading a midi file into Pd, and list the events/metadata/etc. inside?
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> jmmmp

> > --
> > http://b2renger.github.io/