[PD] SMECK

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Fri Sep 9 19:27:42 CEST 2016

Just guessing here...

Try putting strings 1+3 in one channel and 2+4 into the other, and
then don't play chords :)

The pitch tracking in the guitar version of smeck uses window sizes of 1024
and 2048 for pitch tracking - you'll probably have to increase those for bass
(and anyway I don't know if pitch tracking will ever be stable on bass!)
Also there's a bonk~ object detecting attacks that will need tweaking.

"normally" wound pickups make output that's too hot for PC mic inputs,
but if you wind less you'll get much worse signalnoise.  Maybe wind as
much as you can (without sacrificing string separation) and then either
use a transformr to drop the voltage or else a resistor bridge.  But try
it straight first, maybe it will just work.

cheers
Miller