[PD] Read midi file into Pd

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Sun Sep 11 06:54:49 CEST 2016

Le 09/09/2016 à 10:36, João Pais a écrit :
>> Another way would be about using [mrpeach/binfile] and parse the file
>> with internals following MIDI reference we can find in following link
>> for example:
>>
>> http://www.ccarh.org/courses/253/assignment/midifile/
>>
>> The first meta message should be obtained with [list split 23] where
>> second byte gives the meta message number, the third byte gives
>> message lenght and so on
>
> that could be an interesting way, but I get the output not as lists,
> but as individual bins. Which means that somehow the bytes would have
> to be wrapped to make those lists?

  The bytes can be converted with [list tosymbol] for getting characters
like MThd and MTrk, otherwise it's a MIDI message or an integer.

  I must admit that's not easy to do the parse with internals because
this is a bit complicated to make it an abstraction for me, I'll also
try out midi.lua with [mrpeach/pdlua].