[PD] Yamaha UD-BT01 Wireless Midi Adapter (Bluetooth MIDI) with Linux

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 12 14:21:12 CEST 2016

On 2016-09-12 11:49, Derek Kwan wrote:
> I use it with this
> program a2jmidid which is at least in the Ubuntu repos, I think it's
> supposed to bridge ALSA MIDI and Jack MIDI. Anyways, I then open up a
> ALSA MIDI channel or two in Pd. I then connect the two graphically via
> Jack using that nifty qjackctl program.

ahm, are you sure?
does the device only have jack midi drivers? (i always thought that jack
midi builds on top of alsa midi).

because if the device has alsa midi drivers, you can use the nifty
qjackctl program to connect the two alsa midi devices directly (the
"ALSA" tab should really read "ALSA MIDI", and the "MIDI" tab should
read "JACK MIDI"), without needing a software proxy (a2jmidid)

fgamsdr
IOhannes