[PD] connecting pd-gui to pd

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Thu Sep 15 03:28:35 CEST 2016

I believe libpd already has this capability (I've been using it but am not
sure my changes made it upstream).  I'm planning to put this in Pd vanilla
for the next major release but since I'm on the road till end of December
this won't be ready for a while (I have to have access to my doddering old
machines at home to test things on various platdoforms to make a release).

In the meantime, try writing an extern that does what libpd does:

int libpd_start_gui(const char *libdir)
{
    t_canvas *x;
    for (x = pd_getcanvaslist(); x; x = x->gl_next)
        canvas_vis(x, 0);
    sys_nogui = 0;
    if (sys_startgui(libdir))
        return -1;
    for (x = pd_getcanvaslist(); x; x = x->gl_next)
        if (strcmp(x->gl_name->s_name, "_float_template") &&
            strcmp(x->gl_name->s_name, "_float_array_template") &&
                strcmp(x->gl_name->s_name, "_text_template"))
    {
                    glist_maybevis(x);
                    canvas_vis(x, 1);
    }
    return 0;
}

void sys_stopgui( void);

void libpd_stop_gui( void)
{
    t_canvas *x;
    for (x = pd_getcanvaslist(); x; x = x->gl_next)
        canvas_vis(x, 0);
    sys_vgui("%s", "exit\n");
    sys_stopgui();
}