[PD] Tcl error for [knob] and [mknob]

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Wed Sep 21 02:50:38 CEST 2016

Hi, when I open the properties for [knob] (flatgui) or [mknob] (moonlib) in Pd 0.47.1, Tcl throws an error when building the color section and stops building the rest of the gui. I can still set the other properties and confirm with enter (since 'OK' and 'Apply' buttons are not drawn). However, after saving and reopening the patch, the knobs are a total mess, especially [mknob] can't be used at all. See attached snapshots to get an impression.

Some questions:
1) Is this only happening on Windows 7? Would anyone test this on other platforms and tell if they get a similar behaviour?
2) who is the current maintainer of flatgui and moonlib?
3) would anyone have a look at the Tcl code? Unfortunately, I don't know Tcl (yet)
4) are there any other knob objects I could use in the meantime?

In a perfect world there would be a knob gui included in Pd vanilla ;-)

Christof