[PD] [pd] gui fudi patuti

Billy Stiltner billy.stiltner at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 05:31:45 CEST 2016

more buchla/moog inspired puredata madness
https://archive.org/details/xmjijam3
i'm thinking my problem is in my envelope still
too many machines and partitions with xensynth on it i may have accidentl
been using a version with the unfixed envelope patch.
have tried to conserve cpu ticks by turning off every abstraction or patch
that
has an audio rate calculation in it by way of switching audio off in the
patch when a voice
deactivates.
seems like the glitching is worse when i use an envelope with more than a
few milliseconds
release time so that tells me that i still   have something screwy going on
with the envelope.
noticed that the envelope has no block so that they can be disabled.
its a tricky thing to keep up with too. simple polyphonic thinking doesn't
work due to the
dynamic sustains, you can never schedule the deactivation bang till the
noteoff message
has been received then youn have to schedule the deactivation of the voice
after the
release has occured. then the envelope has to also be able to be
deactivated after
a voice stealing, so it may be in any part of its computation so all
vlines, delays, and everything
must be stopped and fast ramped down. so you have an additional ramp down
delay to deal with.
maybe thats what i need to rethink, about not using voice stealing. or a
way to tidy the whole mess up.