[PD] Cyclone 0.3 Pre Alpha (mac compiled included)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 05:27:36 CEST 2016

Howdy;

It's been over 7 months that active further development for cyclone has
been abandoned. I had then forked cyclone to my repo
https://github.com/porres/pd-cyclone and started working on a possible
update for it. I've had the help of very nice people, mainly Derek Kwan and
Matt Barber. Together, we've been hard at work updating cyclone mainly to
include functionalities from newer versions of max. This week, our paper
submission about working on this has been accepted to be presented at
PdCon. On it, we say we should have a beta release by november (at the time
of PdCon). But I thought I could share a "Pre Alpha" release for those who
want to take a peek and share some feedback/thoughts.

The main goal we're pursuing is to update objects in cyclone to include new
functionalities that were introduced in Max5+ versions, after taking care
of 47 updated objects to this date, we only have about 8 to deal with and
complete this very huge task. An oficial test release is to be made when
we're closer to the final count. Besides that, several new objects have
been included or are in the final process of being complete, plus a vast
list of bug fixes.

Also, the documentation has been completely rewritten and redesigned from
scratch. There were countless issues with it, so a radical rebuild seemed
like the best to do, cause it also helped in the process of finding bugs
and missing features from newer versions of max. This is surely what needed
more work and energy in this process, and is still incomplete. I still need
to finish working on about a dozen of them, revise it at least one more
time, include a meta and related objects.

Note that this is a "PRE ALPHA" release - thus, it's prior to any formal
test release, things are still under quite active development and not
feature complete or ready for consumption by anyone other than software
developers in official terms. But I'd just like to bring some attention to
this and discuss this work with the list.

so, here it is, the 1st milestone:
https://github.com/porres/pd-cyclone/releases

I can only compile for mac, sorry, so I have that in there besides the
source code. I hope at least linux users can easily build this.

For more info on this project, please check the readme:
https://github.com/porres/pd-cyclone/blob/master/README.md

And the changelog
https://github.com/porres/pd-cyclone/wiki/cyclone-0.3-changlelog

cheers