[PD] [text] question

José Rafael Subía Valdez jsubiavaldez at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 21:59:49 CEST 2016

Hello list

quick question about the [text] object, I have a patch that reads and
records a text file. I use various [text] objects in the patch that access
the same file, these are placed in abstractions. I have no problems when
running the patch and the program works, but when I close the patch I get
this error, and I can't figure out why.

text: couldn't find text buffer 'test-GUI-amount.txt'

any ideas?

last part of a 4-week project. So maybe I need a pair of fresh eyes.

Basically, it is a preset system that I am programming, I keep track of how
many objects have been created, I am recording this number into a text
file. And I am using a single text file for every GUI object that I am
using. I don't understand why the error only comes up when closing the
patch or deleting the module that contains the objects. The program works
as I want it, but I would really wanna get rid of this error.

attached is the file if someone can take a look, I deeply appreciate it. To
reproduce the error just open and close the patch. The [text] object is in
the
[GUI-creator] module and in the [pd read_number_memory] subpatch in the
[cr_gui] abstraction

what is clear is that the error comes from the use of [text] in the
[cr_gui] as I have 8 errors and I use 8 instances of this abstraction

cheers

--
José Rafael Subía Valdez
www.jrsv.net