[PD] purr data beta1

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 15:34:12 CEST 2016

> Once it's installed and launched, I see in console window that there are

> things I have to deal with manually...

>  There are plenty of externals that couldn't load, and I don't know
> what is triggering this because the first thing I've done is replacing

> '/usr/lib' by '/usr/local/lib' in ~/.pd-l2ork/user.settings but
> libraries are still missing, even the ones that resides in
> '/usr/local/lib/pd-l2ork/extra'.

> So I don't really know how to deal with this problem.

I'm not sure either.  I'm only testing the builds I made available
as binaries, and I need to work on automating those before I'll
have time to investigate the tar.gz install method.
> The audio is working on ALSA driver that I use to pass through JACK with
alsa loopback, the sound test is successfull.

> I can also enjoy the GUI modes, particulary the inverted one, very
useful when doing a performance.

> I still don't understand what happened to the help browser, I use to
navigate through references and tutorials in vanilla, that is quite
usefull for people with bird memory like me, if I type 'tutorial' in
search engine some parts are appearing in random order so I'm a bit lost
with it.
I haven't worked at all on the help browser yet.

> The manual doesn't show up with my web browser but with the text editor.

Ok, I'll check that out.
>  The developper tool is a chrome extension I don't really know what it
stands for, but I guess that my webdev background will help when I'll go
deeper into this, even if I'm not particulary fan of chrome stuff...
It's Chromium.

> Anyway that is a great job, thanks for the help.

Sure!
-Jonathan