[PD] purr data beta1

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 23:44:47 CEST 2016

Yes. People are using externals in their libpd projects. You simply include the external sources and then define & call their external’s setup function. I recently added a wiki page about this: https://github.com/libpd/libpd/wiki/Adding-Pure-Data-external-libraries-to-your-project <https://github.com/libpd/libpd/wiki/Adding-Pure-Data-external-libraries-to-your-project>

> also, does it mean that the core libpd is the same in both android and ios, or did you need to adapt libpd for pdparty? or, you just programmed everything around libpd, but left libpd as it is?

Yes, libpd is same for desktop, Android, and iOS. The only difference is some language wrappers (Java, Obj-C) and a couple extra interfaces to provide audio I/O. PdParty then uses libpd and a custom UI which communicates with the libpd instance and any patches currently loaded. I’ll go into all of this in a paper for Pd Con :)

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika <https://twitter.com/danomatika>
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>