[PD] Fw: knob (again)

Antoine Rousseau antoine at metalu.net
Mon Oct 3 08:48:25 CEST 2016

Thanks Christof !
 I think you can upload your bin to deken, specifying Pd >= 0.47.
I think check_compat could work for windows if we managed to include the
right files ; anyway having a version working only for latest Pd should be
enough for now.
sorry I have really poor availability these days...

> I changed the defines to:
>
> #ifdef _WIN32
> #include <io.h>
> #include <Windows.h>
> #else
> #include <unistd.h>
> #include <dlfcn.h>
> #endif
>
> <Windows.h> was missing and <dlfcn.h> should be UNIX only. Then the code
> finally compiled on my Windows machine.
>
> However, the Tcl error was still present (see screenshot).
>
> Since I'm only using Pd >= 47, I skipped the DLL loading mechanism in
> check_compat() and just wrote:
>
> iemgui_all_loadcolors_p = &iemgui_all_loadcolors
>
> Now [mknob] is finally working again for me - thanks to Antoine and
> IOhannes!!!.
>
> My question is now: Should I upload my Windows binaries to deken, with a
> notice that it only works for Pd >= 47
> OR shall we wait for a solution which works for both old and new versions
> of Pd?
>
> Christof
>

> > Gesendet: Sonntag, 02. Oktober 2016 um 21:12 Uhr
> > Von: "Christof Ressi" <christof.ressi at gmx.at>
> > An: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> > Betreff: [PD] knob (again)
> >
> > Hi list,
> >
> > are there any people who can help to make [mknob] (and [knob]) build on
> windows? Here's the issue:
> > https://github.com/MetaluNet/moonlib/issues/4
> >
> > Is [mknob] at least working on OSX and linux?
> >
> > Right know I'm working on a new project and I need knob GUIs. I managed
> to hack something together with data structures, but I'd prefer to use good
> old [knob] or [mknob]. Knobs have been used in quite a lot of projects and
> it's shame that they won't work on recent versions of Pd right know. I can
> try myself to repair it (since we know the cause and possible solutions)
> but my C skills are not exactly amazing. Maybe we can join forces to repair
> these objects?
> >
> > Christof

Antoine Rousseau
  http://www.metalu.net <http://metalu.net> __