[PD] Fw: knob (again)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Oct 4 09:35:18 CEST 2016

On 2016-10-04 02:39, Lucas Cordiviola wrote:
> Just in case:
>
> Of course without all the "http://puredata.info/Members/chr15m/"
>
> just
>
> freeverb~(Windows-i386-32)-externals.zip

the format of the filenames is detailed in
   https://github.com/pure-data/deken/blob/master/developer/README.md

and *please* do *NOT* upload files without a version number.
if there is no version number, use a fake-version that includes the
compile-date (or better: the date of the last source code change), e.g.
"v0.0.20161004"). versions should be sortable, so make sure that the
year comes before the month and the day)

the above freeverb example is really a legacy file (it was one of the
earliest test uploads for deken).
it should have been removed from the server long ago [112]

so a proper filename should include the version number.
you should also make sure to upload the sources (and buildsystem) along
with a binary (probably as a separate upload)

here's a good example:

   knob-v0.0.20161003-(Windows-i386-32)(Sources)-externals.zip

gmfdsr
IOhannes

[112] https://github.com/pure-data/deken/issues/112