[PD] Purr Data beta 2

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 16:26:32 CEST 2016

> Is there any chance to get Gem working with Purr Data on OS X?

> (Gem: can't load library)

Gem currently requires deprecated Apple libs.  Those libs require Gem to
be built for i386 arch.  Building Gem that way would require building all of Purr
Data for i386 arch.
When I tried changing the build scripts to do this I got linker errors that I didn't
understand.  Matt also tried and got linker errors.  I tried compiling for x86_64
and everything except Gem seemed to compile ok.  I took this as a sign that
Apple doesn't want me to build i386 binaries.

So there are essentially two options:1. Somebody sends me a patch to flawlessly get all of Purr Data building for i386
arch2. Somebody revises Gem to use updated, non-deprecated API so it can be built
for x86_64.
-Jonathan