[PD] Purr Data beta 2

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 15:13:38 CEST 2016

Thank you. /usr/local always seems iffy to me, but this is after years in
linux making sure to make packages to install any software via package
manager. The thing I liked about macport's /opt, which is actually
something of a standard for non-pacakge-managed software in linux, is that
it's relatively encapsulated away from the rest of the directory structure.
But as long as it does a reasonable job of uninstalling everything in a
package it should be fine.