[PD] Question about the pd-extended history

Derek Kwan derek.x.kwan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 01:29:49 CEST 2016

> On 10/10/2016 2:07 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> >> Does anyone have a link to a paper or a publication that documents the
> >

> >> motivation behind and original initiators of the pd-extended? I traced
> >> releases back to 2003 but there is no info on who were original players
> >> who started it. Thank you.
> >
> >Didn't Hans start it?
>
> That's what I thought but I am not 100% sure, so I am hoping the community
> will provide needed clarity.

I've been doing some mailing-list archive digging and so far this is the
earlier mention I've found of it on the oft-neglected pd-announce list
so it at least goes back to december 2002.

https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-announce/2002-12/000178.html

In terms of pd-list, the earliest mention I've found goes back to May
2003.

https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2003-05/011695.html

Derek