[PD] Fwd: [PD-dev] [pure-data:bugs] #1273 feature request - paste from clipboard

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 23:29:08 CEST 2016

It's a terrible name by the way, it'd make much more sense call it "copy to
clipboard"

You may notice it doesn't have an option in the edit mode to paste the
selection copied clipboard, that happens if you go to file and select "new
from clipboard".

Thus, it only creates a new file. Unlike the feature you have in Purr Data,
which is much better and more powerful. I like a lot, as it allows to copy
to a newly opened file or to a patch already opened and with more stuff in
it.

But I guess a "new from clipboard" could also be a 2nd option, also
convenient, when you want to open a patch from a clipboard instead of a
file.

So yeah, "copy/paste to/from clipboard" in the edit section and maybe also
"new from clipboard" in the file section

------------

by the way, this would make life quite easier for us in the Pd-list, by
copying code into the email and not worry about attachments. This is also
true for forums out there.

About Purr Data, it's cool that you automatically know that it is some code
from the clipboard and you can paste it like anything else. I guess you can
leave it like that, and also add the other options.

The difference in using  "paste from clipboard" is that it wouldn't give
you any warning (maybe add a shortcut too?).

cheers