[PD] Fwd: [PD-dev] [pure-data:bugs] #1273 feature request - paste from clipboard

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue Oct 18 23:47:17 CEST 2016

Pd-l2Ork supports universal clipboard but is somewhat limited by the Tcl/Tk
idiosyncrasies, like having to start the application and then copying
because the preexisting system clipboard is not actually recognized by the
toolkit. It also supports pasting actual text from the patches into an
existing patch which I suspect is the inverse of what you're speaking of.
However, if you paste something incomplete it may result in a crash for
which I have not figured it a workaround. As a perhaps pointless courtesy,
if you do paste something that compromises Pd-L2Ork,  it will give you one
last message in the console before it crashes and burns and will let you
know what is the reason for the pending crash.

Best,

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Associate Professor