[PD] raspberry pi 3 with noob Gem does not work

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 13:07:17 CEST 2016

On Wed, 2016-10-19 at 11:43 +0200, Csaba Láng wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> just got my pi 3 and tried to install 0.47.1, however under the links
> on the page of Mr. Puckette, I can compile only 0.46.2
> Anyway, after installing deken and trying to get Gem, it is more or
> less downloaded, but most of the Gem objects does not load.
> Can anybody give a hint how to make it working?
> Best,
> Popesz

It works for me after loading the full library by creating an object in
the patch:

[declare -stdpath Gem -stdlib Gem]

I tested only square-help.pd and it displayed correctly. I didn't do
any serious Gem stuff on the Pi yet.

IIRC, you have to enable the experimental GL driver with raspbi-config
before you can do hardware accelerated openGL on the Raspberry Pi 3.

Tested with:
 - Raspberry Pi 3
 - Raspbian Jessie
 - Pd-0.47.1 (compiled) and Pd-0.46.2 (repo)
 - Gem 0.93.3 (repo)

In order for the compiled Pd to find the repo installation of Gem, I
added a symlink /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem pointing to
/usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem.

Roman