[PD] [PD-announce] abl_link~ --- Ableton Link external for desktop Pd

Peter Brinkmann via Pd-announce pd-announce at lists.iem.at
Wed Oct 19 22:43:45 CEST 2016

Hi everybody,
I'm happy to announce the release of an Ableton Link external for desktop
Pd. The new external is patch compatible with the previously released iOS
version. It is available from deken; just search for abl_link~.

Any feedback would be appreciated, especially about the accuracy of the
external. The Ableton Link API expects latency information that is not
readily available to externals on the desktop. For the initial release I
basically just eyeballed it. It works well on my Mac, but results on other
platforms may differ. I'm hoping to improve this in response to user
feedback.

The source code of both the desktop and the iOS version are now part of the
pd-for-ios repository: https://github.com/libpd/pd-for-ios

Many thanks to Matt Black, Ed Kelly, Chris Rice, and especially Antoine
Rousseau for invaluable help and feedback!
Cheers,
     Peter