[PD] Request for help investigating the xeq sequencer package

Derek Kwan derek.x.kwan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 06:11:56 CEST 2016

> hmm, it's got nothing to do with midi, right?
> oh...

haha, it looks like there's plenty of midi in there =). if i'm reading
it correctly, it looks like it functions sort of like arrays? you bind a
sequence to some global symbol and access it by passing that symbol.

I'd be interested in more sequencer options for pd so it'd be nice to
have xeq or something like xeq available. i suppose i'm going off-track
a little, but it'd be nice to have something supercolliderish with
TempoClocks and Patterns where it's really easy to loop sequences,
randomize specific bits of a sequence, etc. and have that all bound to a
global transport (or two). A lot of the times I end up making my own hacky
transport with metro and sends and receives for beginnings of bars,
beats, etc and even then it's not the easiest to do say, quintuples
when I've got my global metro going in 16ths...

I suppose xeq could potentially be revived with [text] compat since that
seems to be the successor to [qlist]? it seems like [text] solves a lot
of the issues xeq had with qlist, like global binding allowing multiple
objects to traverse a text file...

Derek