[PD] decrease / increase endless rotary midi controller handling

Robert Grah smilingmolecule at web.de
Mon Oct 24 00:47:11 CEST 2016

Hi cyrille,

thanks for your patch.

It seems that turning the knob faster sends the values faster but bound to the rotation angle. No inteligent logic in that.

So I added the time since the last value change into the patch.

Now I can get faster value changes when turning faster and on the other hand more precise and slower changes when turning slower. Works quite well so far.

Cheers,

Robert

---- On Sa, 22 Okt 2016 15:18:19 +0200cyrille henry <ch at chnry.net> wrote ----

here is a quick example of how i would do this.

I suspect that turnig the knob faster would send other value. with few math you could directlly convert the value send to increment value.

cheers